Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have High Speed Internet service without telephone service?
How do I log into the router I purchased from TLTC?
What are the advantages of High Speed Internet and which speed is right for me?
Our High Speed Internet is a dedicated link to the internet that doesn't tie up your phone line. There are many different variable to choosing the correct internet speed but as a guideline.
- 1.0Mb/s Down 256Kb/s Up is suggested for light internet surfing, email, and instant messaging. It is up to 20 times faster than dialup.
- 4.0Mb/s Down 1.0Mb/s Up is suggested for the above along with uploading and download pictures and music.
- 8.0Mb/s Down 1.0Mb/s Up is suggested for the above along with light streaming video, online gaming, and homes with multiple computers.
- 12.0Mb/s Down 1.0Mb/s Up is suggested for users who want the ability to do anything they need online.
What causes slow speed?
Many issues can cause slow speed. Listed below are the most common ones:
- Malware including Viruses, Trojans, Worms, etc. These devices slow down your computer drastically
- Internal congestion: All devices within a house share a single connection. Check to see if issue continues after turning off all other network devices.
- Server congestion: The website you are using my be very busy causing congestion within its own network.
- Rogue wireless devices: If your wireless signal is not password protected others could be using it therefore slowing you down.